Monday 20 February 2017

Mark in South Korea - Part 3 - End of first week

It has been over a week since I arrived in South Korea on my first leg of Training 2017. It has been such a fantastic experience so far. I have met some wonderful people who have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome (and teach me some Korean drinking customs) and have shown me some wonderful sights I may not have seen on my own.

In this first week I found and started Taekyun training. I travelled south from Seoul to Jeonja for Haidong Gumdo training and even went on a 3 hour drive to Muju, which is the town where the Taekwondowon centre is for some seminars. I am getting such opportunities to see new things, even if it is cold and things aren’t as green as they would be in Spring or Summer (the people I meet keep telling me how much prettier things are when it warmer).

This week my plan is to keep training in Gumdo and Taekyun but also to find a few Taekwondo schools I can visit to learn some new drills and techniques. I also get to continue my Gongkwon Yusul (Korean MMA) training which I started on a previous visit to Korea and have done in Sydney. I was training a lot last week but my training schedule doubles this week and I am looking forward to it.

I am missing the family though and I am very thankful for video calls with Penny and Beth. Beth keeps asking what I am doing and Penny keeps asking me why Beth won’t go to sleep at nights J I hope everyone in the ZMAX family is training hard and I miss you all as well and can’t wait to get back and teach you some cool stuff.

U.N.T

Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment